This post originally appeared on the National Young Farmer Coalition website.
Through our first national survey in 2011, young farmers and ranchers came together to tell the nation — citizens, advocates, and policy makers — who they were and what they needed in order to succeed. The results from that survey inspired new programs and influenced policies in every state. Now we have the opportunity to speak up again.
Help us tell Congress that #FarmersCount by taking the 2017 National Young Farmer Survey!
Your participation will help us understand and elevate the issues that matter most to young farmers. It is crucial that the survey results represent all young farmers and aspiring farmers, no matter where they live or what they grow.
Here are a few things you should know about the survey:
- All personal data is completely confidential.
- The survey only happens every five years.
- NYFC is partnering with George Washington University and former US Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Dr. Kathleen Merrigan on survey design and analysis.
- Esta encuesta está disponible en español.
- Taking the survey is one of the most important things you can do to advance our movement.
To show our appreciation for your time, survey takers who provide their mailing address will receive a bundle of coupons from our partners, including Harney & Sons, Chobani, and Kashi. Coupons are optional and offered while supplies last.
Help us tell Congress that young #FarmersCount – take the National Young Farmer Survey today!